Y'all Watch This ...

Here's something to get you in the mood for today's post:

All good? Thought so.

Anyway, I've been getting into Malifaux in a big way lately. If you're not familiar with Malifaux, its a skirmish scale game. Its set in the world of Malifaux, which has an old west theme to it, full of gunslingers and grave robbers. Its a really cool aesthetic. The game's 'hook' is that it has no dice. It is played entirely with a normal deck of playing cards. Instead of rolling dice you draw a card or two off the top of your deck. You can then can 'cheat' the results with cards from your hand.

The other thing that is awesome is the mission generator system. You choose schemes, which are secret. Once you've completed these you get victory points. You can announce your secret schemes and get twice the points too!

In a world mostly of humans and the undead, I dug the gremlin faction for their humor in both the game and in their figures. The coolest thing about these 'lil fellas is their Deliverance vibe. Thanks to my little bro, I've got a fully painted Gremlin army. He painted them for my birthday and they look great. With his permission I brought his color palette up one level to brighten the models and added some details to the basing, like flocking and the reeds. Otherwise, I cannot take any more credit for these guys!

Anyway, after several games, I've decided these guys are the most fun I have had in skirmish wargaming in manya years! I usually kill more of my own gremlins than my opponent, which will surely get worse when I start fielding the bayou pigs!

So, let me introduce you to the gang!
My troops are from the bayou. They are a part of Ophelia LaCroix's kin, which are essentially locked in an eternal, if satirical, feud with the Ortegas.

Ophelia LaCroix
The LaCroix clan
Raphael LaCroix
Francois LaCroix (my personal favorite mini, probably of all time!)
Pere Ravagé (Andrew did some great forced lighting!)
Pere Ravagé and his piglet bomb
Rami LaCroix
The Gremlins
Y'all git off our land!
I thinks my boomstick is stucked up!
banjos & moonshine
I sees 'em yonder place
Ophelia and crowd
Ophelia LaCroix, Gremlin Gunslinger.

Next up, working on my Bayou table.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. I love these guys. I painted up some of the original Gremlin crew when the game first came out, most of your characters I have never seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you have done with these the bases are amazing, and really add to each one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment