FlamesCon Achievement, Unlocked!

Most of these figures will pull extra duty as Fuciliers.
I've got a real quick update today. In the last week I managed to finish what I needed for my FlamesCon Axis ringer list: my Fusilierkompanie.

The list:

Fusilierkompanie
Rated Confident Veteran
HQ (+PzKn x2 +Panzerschreck): 80 pts
Fusilier Platoon (1x PzKn SMG + 6x MG teams) - 185 points
Fusilier Platoon (1x PzKn SMG + 6x MG teams) - 185 points
Fusilier Mortar Platoon (4x 81mm mortars) - 125 points
Fusilier Regt Anti-tank Platoon (3x PaK40) - 155 points
Fusilier Scout Platoon (5x recce Rifle teams) - 115 points
Fusilier Infantry Gun Platoon (2x 15cm sIG33) - 145 points
352. Tank-hunter Platoon (4x Marder IIIM) - 255 points
352. Tank-hunter Platoon (4x Marder IIIM) - 255 points

I've had the bulk done for a while, and the I cheated a bit by drafting my generic German infantry platoons, which I use for all German infantry options. Anyway, there was still a substantial amount of painting to be done, chiefly:
- Fusilier Scout Platoon (5x recce Rifle teams)
- Fusilier Infantry Gun Platoon (2x 15cm sIG33)
- 352. Tank-hunter Platoon (4x Marder IIIM)
- 352. Tank-hunter Platoon (4x Marder IIIM)

I managed to put the final touches on these platoons and the force is all finished now. I've collected the photos I put on my Twitter feed and the ones in the last few blog posts to bring all of the elements under one roof, so to speak.

The Scout Platoon. I know the Fusilierkomanie scouts don't have StG44s, but these are more for generic grenadiers. Plus the three-man stands stand out more for everyone to distinguish them easier.

The 15cm guns will be interesting to use. I'm hoping they don't spend all of their time in reserve!

FINALLY! These have been long in the making! I'm really excited about fielding 8 of these tank-hunters.
I hope to get a test game in with these soon, as time is running out, but I've got some other side projects for FlamesCon I need to finish first. 

Alright! Like I said; a short update! Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

  1. Would love to know how your force did at FlamesCon, especially how did you find the performance of the sIGs? I hope your Marders had some fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice you have the sIGs with 5 crew on a large base. What's the reason you just didn't leave them on a medium base ?
    LES

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided to base them on a large base (and added an extra crew figure) because, frankly, they look ridiculous on the medium base they came with. The gun alone takes up most of the base and getting the crew to fit was going to make it look dumb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree some guns do look silly on a medium base.Peoples only do it because they think its more of an advantage ?
      LES

      Delete
    2. Yes, I agree. Which is why I wouldn't expect an opponent of these guns to be upset by the large bases. Who knows, there's always some one out there looking for an argument. But, hell, these are my models, not theirs! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment