Citizen Soldiers Painting Update

It's been a while since my last post. I've been busy painting away and finding time to blog it up has been a bit difficult with everything else going on! Anyway, enough excuses. Here's what I've been up to! 

I've been trying to break the painting queue for my Citizen Soldiers resolution. I'd really like to post these games in historically chronological order, so I've got to try and get the 1st Infantry Division stuff done first. There is a lot to paint, and a good portion of it is at the start of the project for the 1ID. I'm still not ready to hit the beaches just yet, but I've got a lot of it ready in the last few weeks.
I'm really getting jazzed about this particular game. It's got all sort of interesting stuff in it, like DD tanks, amphibious assault boats, assault platoons, and NGFS. My brother Andrew is going to play the Germans and he's going to field a coulple of historically based Wiederstandneste. I'm looking forward to it!



Anyway, here's what I've been working on:

Not all of these are for my 1ID game, but I figured it was a good time to slot in a few other teams:
4x Flame-throwers, 1x 60mm Mortar, 4x M2A1 105mm howtizers,
1x M7 Priest, 5x Sherman DD, 6x M3 105mm pack howitzers, 1x P-38 Lightning

Some DD Shermans to swim ashore on Normandy.
I had to paint up one M7 to get my battery up to four for my 4th Infantry Division game.


Nicknamed 'Hang it N'

Added four more 105mm howitzers to my artillery park. I magnetized the bases so I can swap them out for 3"anti-tank guns, and M3 pack howitzers.

Some flame-throwers for my troops. Rather than paint another whole Assault Boat force, I'm going to expand my normal troops so they can pull double duty. 

Six 105mm cannons. I've magnetised them so I can put them on large gun bases.

Here's the cannons swapped in place of the howitzers above.

Strangely, I've never painted up aircraft for my US forces. So I've fixed that now. I sure love the P-38! 

I've armed it with rockets (late-late war equipment) but I'll still use this for Normandy.

I've used the polar bear decal from the Vietnam range as nose art. 
That's what I've got for now. Next on the queue are some assault boats. Hope to get those done this week and the game played soon!

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

  1. Nice work Mike. I especially like the plane; the nose art is a great idea. The grey cockpit gives it a militaristic look and goes very well with the green paint. Plus, it's a P-38, and you can't go wrong there. One of my favorites. I believe Battlefront is releasing a Spitfire soon. Can't wait to get my hands on one of those.

    On a side note, I'm really enjoying the Italy compilations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work Mike. Glad to see your New Years Resolutions is going well. You planning on also being able to use the Italy Book for your US infantry?

    By the way how are your Japanese coming on?

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ben!
      I've thought about adding in the Dragoon infantry divisions, but I think I'll stick to NW Europe just at the moment. I'll reassess later this year, but there's always a chance I'll play them during the WWPD Italy campaign (though I want to run Panzer IVs from 26. PzDiv).

      The Japanese are on a slow boil. I need to have some motivation, but with no EW events on the horizon, I'm a bit rudderless. Maybe toward the second half of the year, once I get all of these Americans done!

      Delete

Post a Comment