Dino-mite!

Right, so some of you know where this is heading. Others may assume I've gone off the rails, while still others might think Im an eight year-old boy. For those of you in the last category, I'm guessing you're some sort of desperate perv.



Hobby #421: Palaeontology

So, like any boy growing up in middle America in the 1980s, I wanted to be a palaeontologist. Despite what the cooler kids in my class said, fossils were bitch’n and I wanted to get in on some of that action. My grandmother embraced my ambition and bought me the world’s best book on dinosaurs and graciously allowed me to dig haphazard holes willy-nilly on her property, hunting for that dinosaur I knew was somewhere. I never found him, but I know he’s still there and maybe someday I’ll go back to try again.


Years later when I started my university training, I took geology, a prereq for Paleonotogy courses. Suffice it to say it required knowing a lot of sciency stuff and I discovered other things, like World War I and video games.

At any rate, to get back to the point, if you haven’t already got the latest copy of Wargames Illustrated, Issue 277, Nov 2010, you should if only for the small 4-page article at the end called Eat Hitler. It’s a small mini-game in which you play a carnivore and your mission is to eat Hitler, who arrives with some Nazi cronies in the age of dinosaurs accidentally in a faulty time machine.
The article awakened my dino fixation and I had a nostalgic fit. This afternoon I decided to indulge my inner palaeontologist. I hit the local cheap-shit-shop and bought a pile of plastic dinos. I couldn’t help myself and had to play with them a bit outside, since it is such a nice sunny Sunday afternoon. Now all I need is a model of Hitler, some of his cronies, and some volunteers to play Eat Hitler with me. Who’s in?

Cheers,
-M

PS, Look forward to an awesome battle report soon!

Comments

  1. Sweet! I'm up for a game of "Eat Hitler."

    ReplyDelete
  2. huh I am fairly dissapointed in this realization that that was your boyhood ambition...archies rule, paleos drool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and really do you own any other shirts?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment