Introduction

Hey all,

So I thought that after having this account for the better part of two years, I thought I'd actually crack out my first blog entry. Crazy sauce!

If you're reading this, chances are you already know who I am, and why exactly you're spending time reading this swill is beyond me. But, for those 'randoms' I thought that for this first post I'd introduce myself.

I'm Mike. Im into about 700 hobbies, and I'm worried that blogging might become the 701st.... Anyway. I'm an American living in New Zealand and pretty much have fun at work playing with toy soldiers (see www.FlamesOfWar.com).

Hobbies
My hobbies define me, so I'll just go through a few of the big ones:

1. Model Airplanes - Been doing this literally since I was an infant. Apparently "wing", "rudder", "fuselage" and "stab" were among my first words, much to the dismay of my mother. Since then my vocabulary hasn't improved, but my obsession with airplanes has. So I enjoy building the crap out model airplanes. I'll see what I can do to get some pics up of past projects soon.

2. Miniatures - Not the dollhouse variety, but just as juvenile: toy soldiers. No doubt you'll see a lot of stuff here in the coming posts about miniatures, so I'll leave it at that.

3. Computer Games - I'll play just about any game that doesn't include dragons, fairy elf princesses, dwarves, and the color pink. This leads me to my 4th favorite hobby:

4. Hating on Dragons - In my line of work, this is nearly a full time job. Why hate on dragons? That is long and complex question, but simply put its because everyone else loves them. You'll get to learn more about hating on dragons in future posts.

5. Reading - I like to curl up by the fire with a nice hot chocolate, the dog at my feet and crack open a rich, engrossing book about technical data, be it about planes, WWII, diseases, or some other non-fiction book. I like fiction, but really in this short life I have, I reckon I just don't have the time. There's just too much to learn between now and then.

6. History - I'm trained as a historian, and thus love history, specifically the history of medicine. I'm sure to have some book reviews on this topic at some point. I'm currently reading a great book about smallpox and syphilis. Riveting stuff.

7-700 - Lots more. Stay tuned.
So that’s me. I'll see if I can remember to keep this updated as often as possible. I'll try for a weekly update...

Until then, peace out.
-M

Comments

Post a Comment